Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
People with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension are asked to participate in a research study being conducted by North Shore University Hospital.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are a male or female at least 18 years of age
- Have a diagnosis of IIH per Modified Dandy Criteria
- Have a venographic evidence of sinus stenosis
- Have a presence of IIH clinical symptoms
- Have a CSF opening pressure is > 25 cm H2O
You may NOT participate in this study if you:
- Are allergic to nitinol or nickel
- Have a contra-indication to general anesthesia
- Have a contra-indication to aspirin, clopidogrel or other anticoagulant
- History of severe COPD or other severe respiratory disease.
- History of deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
- History of AF or other risks of stroke
- History of uncontrolled diabetes.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Israel Mahr, Study Coordinator
Phone: (631) 806-9568