BRANY Announces Launch of a new IRB Focusing on Social, Behavioral and Educational Research
Focused IRB offers specific expertise in social and behavioral sciences, including:
- Qualitative Research
- Nursing Research (Magnet Designated)
- Quality of Life Research
- Evidence based research
(Lake Success, NY) — BRANY announced today the launch of a new IRB focusing on social, behavioral and educational research (SBER).
“The aim of BRANY’s SBER IRB is to offer social, behavioral, and educational researchers an IRB review process that aligns with their research needs,” says Jeffrey Cohen, PhD, senior advisor with HRP Consulting, a division of BRANY. “For years, these researchers have been asked to conform to IRB review processes built to support biomedical research. BRANY’s SBER IRB offers a solution designed to streamline the IRB review of social, behavioral, and educational research, while ensuring the research is sound and ethical.”
BRANY has assembled a group of experts who are well versed at identifying and evaluating the psychological and social risks that are often associated with SBER, such as:
- Questionnaires about illegal behaviors which may damage subjects’ reputations or raise legal concerns
- Collecting information from subjects about activities that may place them at risk of harm or legal action
- Compromising a subject’s confidentiality, possibly jeopardizing employment and/or insurance coverage
- Research involving deception
- Providing subjects with unwelcome and disturbing information about themselves
- Research that involves use of questions and/or procedures that can cause stress or embarrassment
This unique Institutional Review Board offers a wide range of expertise from nurses, epidemiologists, psychologists and social workers. The service is available immediately.
For more information please contact Carmela Houston-Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-470-6979.
The Biomedical Research Alliance of New York (BRANY) is a national organization that provides support services to sponsors and investigators involved in research in a wide variety of therapeutic areas, medical devices, biologic, and diagnostic trials. Staffed by multi-disciplinary experts, with a robust network of more than 200 academic based investigators, BRANY is able to offer its partners a turnkey solution for expedited site identification and 60-day study start-up. More information at www.brany.com.